Free for all ages
SCHOOL GROUPS WELCOME
Encourage your children’s teacher(s) to schedule a field trip to the 2018 Race Village and the educational One Ocean Exploration Zone. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WHAT TO DO, SEE AND EXPERIENCE
Welcome to all of our exhibitor, education and sustainability partners!
• Mobile Maker Lab – Powered by IYRS, Polaris MEP, RIC + RI Commerce Corp, the Mobile Maker Lab will provide students, educators, manufacturers & others access to the latest in advanced manufacturing & automation in yacht restoration and creation.
• Rose Island Lighthouse Trailer
• Marine Debris Gull's Nest – See how marine debris affects the ecosystem of marine brids.
• Learn about Buoyancy
• Fostering Environmentally Responsible Behaviors through the Power of Intention
• R.O.V.s – Learn about the remotely operated vehicles the Rozalia Project uses to research and clean up marine environments
• How Long does Marine Debris Last? – A look at the lifespan of the trash and particulates as they travel through the water column.
• Watershed and Water Quality – Learn about the watershed model for Narragansett Bay and how your actions are linked to the qualities of your local waterway.
• Recycling Boats
• Storm Tools
• Solar Powered Water Quality Monitoring – Using solar energy to power local water quality monitoring.
• Compass Navigation – Learn the basics of using a compass to navigate on or off the water.
• Simple Machine Scavenger Hunt
• Maps & Navigation
• Marine Instruments
• Ocean Racing History
• Manila to Modern Fibers
• Life at Sea
• Bikes are Solutions
• Adventurer and environemntal scientist Tim Jarvis
• Selected Film Shorts
• Ocean Parameter Display
• Model Ship Test Tank
• Whales and Boats
• Tour the historic tall ship, Oliver Hazard Perry.